Covid -19: Day Trip Customers
Covid: 19 - Safe Operating Procedures for Day Trip Customers.
The government recently issued new guidelines that allow us to re-start our excursions programme, albeit with precautions and limited passenger numbers on board. We want to ensure that while Covid 19 restrictions are in place you are still able to fully enjoy your day out with us.
Throughout this pandemic period, and in this transition as we return to normal operation, it is very important that we all follow some simple guidelines to protect our staff, our passengers and anyone else that we may come into contact with as we carry out our excursions.
We are committed to proactively reducing the spread of any disease and maintain the health of our staff and passengers. As such please ensure you and your fellow passengers follow this guide to help maintain the hygiene levels that we currently have in place to reduce the spread of any disease.
‘Roberts Travel Centre’ and Coach Cleaning: Our current enhanced cleaning procedure includes cleaning of all floors and seats, cleaning of all glass surfaces, mopping with disinfectant of all floor surfaces, disinfectant wiping of dash areas, driver controls and handles. It also includes cleaning all handrails, hand grabs, seat belt buckles, armrests, and floors. It also includes vehicle anti-viral fogging on a weekly basis.
How do I protect myself and my fellow passengers?
The following procedures comply with World Health Organisation guidelines and with the latest government guidelines as updated on Tuesday 23rd June 2020. The transmission of Coronavirus is primarily through people touching surfaces contaminated by the virus and then transferring that contamination to their mouth, eyes or nose. There is also a possibility of breathing in droplets expelled by another person when in close face to face contact.
The primary concern on board coaches is that of social distancing; passengers should keep their distance please from people outside their household, and we recognise that this is not always possible. The key thing is not to be too close to people for more than a short amount of time. When around another person the biggest risk of infection is people in close ‘face to face’ positions.
We can provide assurance and mitigation of these concerns; our normal front facing seating arrangements avoids ‘face to face’ proximity and the physical barrier of the high backed seats, plus the use of face coverings or masks will all help to ensure maximum mitigation of the dangers and maximum safety.
- When you arrive at our premises, you will be directed by our staff where to park. Our staff will be wearing face coverings. Our ‘Travel Centre’ toilet facilities will be available; please wash your hands of course - and maintain 1 metre + social distancing whenever possible while using the facilities and while waiting to board. No tea or coffee will be available in the travel centre whilst we are observing the covid19 policy. We politely ask that you do not move any of the seats inside as these will be placed to adhere to social distancing.
- You will be subject to a temperature check on arrival at the Travel Centre. It is generally accepted that 36.1C (97F) to 37.2C (99F) is the normal range for our bodies. Passengers with a high temperature will not be permitted to travel.
- You are requested to wear a face covering when boarding and during the journey, preferably your own; however our driver will also have masks available to purchase. Hand sanitiser will be available on all of our coaches. We strongly advise you to bring your own supplies of masks/coverings and hand sanitiser as our stocks may be limited.
- You will be asked to board just a few minutes before your departure time, in order to minimise the time that passengers spend on the coach once boarded. Please try to maintain 1 metre + social distancing wherever possible, as you gather and when approaching and speaking with our driver. The entrance/exit on the offside of the coach may also be used for boarding and disembarking where it is safe to do so. Your driver will advise you of your exit/entry point.
- Our driver will wear protective gloves and will have anti-bacterial gel available. You will be requested to sanitise your hands prior to boarding. Again, please ensure you observe social distancing while waiting to board. Your seat number may change because ideally passengers will be seated on alternate seats on each row wherever possible. Please also note that the toilet on board the coach will not be available while these measures are in place. However rest assured that no journey will be longer than 2 hours without a comfort stop. Please also note that the driver will not be wearing a mask whilst he is driving.
- Passengers who live together in the same household, may sit together on a double seat. Where this occurs, the seat opposite, next to the aisle must not be used. The front double seat immediately behind the driver is unfortunately not available for use.
- As part of our driver’s safety briefing he or she will advise that upon arrival at the destination he or she will be exiting first and that once he or she has left the vehicle then all passengers may safely disembark, starting from the front – please continue to observe social distancing while waiting to disembark.
- The Air Conditioning unit on our coach will be set to external air, with a plentiful supply of fresh air which helps to prevent the spread of germs.
- Upon arrival at the destination, our driver will put the hazard warning lights on, disembark and ask you to alight. Obviously he or she will maintain a helpful presence but will also observe self-distancing requirements. During your visit our driver will clean all touch points on the coach.
- During your visit and prior to returning to the coach for the return journey, please wash your hands and also when boarding the coach - observe social distancing and use the hand gel that is supplied on board.
- With regard to the exchange of such things as lost property, mobility aids etc, this will be carried out with full regard please to all social distancing and hygiene requirements.
- We also have the NHS COVID19 Track and Trace QR code on the entrance to our Travel Centre. If you have a smart phone with the app downloaded, please feel free to use this code. If you do not have a smart phone, we will already have your details for this when you make your booking.
- Due to the guidance issued from the government regarding local lockdown and the new Tier system, we need to advise you of some important information that may have an impact on your holiday or day trip. Should the area that you live in be moved into the Very High alert level/ Tier 3 – You will NOT be permitted to travel as per the requirements below which have been made by the government:-
If you are a resident in a very high alert level area, we ask you to avoid staying overnight in another part of the UK, except if you need to for work, education or caring responsibilities. This means we are asking you not to leave the very high alert level area to stay in a second home, if you own one. You must not stay with anyone you do not live with elsewhere in the UK or visit their home. In addition, we are advising people not to travel into or out of an area if it has been categorised as a very high alert level area. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are complying with the government guidelines. Should the area you live in be put into the Very High/Tier 3 alert level, you MUST contact us as soon as possible.
If you live in a Very High/Tier 3 area, and you turn up for your trip without previously contacting us, unfortunately you will not be allowed to board the coach. The above should also be taken into account when paying your balance as any cancellations you may make due to restrictions bought in for Very High/ Tier 3 areas, will unfortunately be subject to our normal terms and conditions.
Please be patient, it is inevitable that things will take longer than usual, and everyone will be doing their best to ensure that the trip is as safe as possible. Please follow any instructions given to you by your driver, office staff or staff at the hotel or attraction. Remember, they are only trying to keep us all safe.
If you have been contacted by track and trace, please advise us immediately you will not be permitted to travel and you may need to provide further information.
If you live in an area affected by a local lockdown, then you will not be permitted to travel and must not turn up. Please speak with us if you are affected by this.
We appreciate that these precautions and procedures are somewhat onerous, however, and most importantly, we will ensure that you still have a most enjoyable day! It is of course in all our interests to do what we can to prevent the spread of the virus. Please be aware that failure to adhere to the requirements set out above may lead to you being asked to no longer travel on your trip. If you are asked to leave the trip it will be at your own expense and no refunds will be given.
Should you require any further information or have any specific considerations and requirements then please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your cooperation - and for booking with Roberts Travel Group
(This document is dated 29.10.2020)