Scenic cruising of spectacular waterways encompassing some of the fjordland’s greatest sights and highlights presents Norway at its most iconic and awe-inspiring on this stunning six-night adventure. Sailing deep into the beautiful Nordfjord and Innvikfjorden, Fjærlandsfjorden and Storfjord will provide postcard-perfect views of lush-green valleys, seemingly sky-reaching cliffs and alpine peaks to absorb from the comfort of Balmoral. You will even get to marvel at the magnificent Hornelen, Europe’s highest sea cliff.
Within the heart of the fjordland, spellbinding destinations and unmissable attractions await you ashore too. Charming Olden is the starting point for uncovering the magnificent Briksdal Glacier and breathtaking Lovatnet Lake, while panoramic vistas seen from the Loen Skylift nearby are every bit as memorable. A stop at Skjolden, affords an opportunity touncover the spellbinding Jostedalen Valley and Nigardsbreen Glacier too, while there is a chance to learn of the fascinating maritime history and fishing traditions of pretty Måløy.
Please note: The itinerary for this cruise has changed since it was originally published. Full details of the revised cruise itinerary will be detailed on your booking confirmation.
- Comfortable, stylish cabins and suites equipped with a Smart TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and individually controlled air conditioning
- A tempting choice of cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets, late-night snacks and much more
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee available 24hrs at selected venues, complimentary afternoon tea* with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
- Full use of on-board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A wide choice of engaging on board activities and lectures throughout the day
- All UK port taxes (where collectable in advance)
- Luggage porterage between your cabin and the drop-off/pick-up point
- Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet
Itinerary of Ports of Call
Date Arrive Depart Destination
Sun 29 Aug Late PM Newcastle, United Kingdom
Tue 31 Aug Early AM Early PM Skjolden, Norway
Tue 31 Aug Late PM Late Night Cruising Fjaerlandsfjorden, Norway
Wed 01 Sep Early AM Late PM Maloy, Norway
Wed 01 Sep Late PM Late PM Cruising by Hornelen, Norway
Thu 02 Sep Late Night Late Night Cruising Nordfjord, Norway
Thu 02 Sep Early AM Late PM Olden Norway ¥
¥ Indicates an anchor port. A small boat known as a 'tender' is used to transport the guests from ship to shore.
*Price based on a Twin Occupancy of a Grade I, interior twin room. Other cabins are available with a supplement. Return Roberts transfer to and from Newcastle Port included in the price.
- (00:00) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
- (00:00) Leicester St Margaret's Bus Station
- Stand SA
- New Road
- (00:00) Pick Up Home Address
Balmoral is named after the Scottish residence of the British Royal Family, and the Scottish theme runs throughout the main dining venues – the Ballindalloch, Avon and Spey – where guests can enjoy tantalising menus prepared by our expert chefs.
Featuring 710 well-appointed rooms and suites and a selection of comfortable lounges, bars and inviting public areas, Balmoral provides guests with ample space in which to relax and share a memorable cruise experience with hundreds, not thousands, of fellow travellers. And, as our guests have come to expect, there is always an array of superb entertainment on offer throughout the day, from lectures and hobby classes to live cabaret and comedians, ensuring you can make the most of your time on board.
Balmoral is small enough to navigate size-restricted waterways such as the Kiel Canal, providing fantastic scenic cruising opportunities, and retains the warm, intimate and friendly atmosphere that the Fred. Olsen fleet is renowned for.