Authentic experiences and postcard-perfect sights await on an all-encompassing exploration of Portugal, ready to reveal the country’s engrossing culture and rich history. There is no better place to begin than Lisbon; an overnight stay in the attraction-packed capital makes for the perfect recipe to begin your Portuguese discovery. Vintage trams take you on a journey past architectural sights evoking the city’s fascinating maritime history, while the many museums here engage and enthral. Speaking of recipes, you could not only taste Lisbon’s Pasteis de Nata too, but also make your own traditional custard tarts with a local pastry chef.
The craggy coastal landscapes and beautiful beaches, waterfront panoramas and pretty townscapes of the Algarve region are brought closer by small ship Braemar’s
ability to dock in Portimão; and you will experience the excitement and intrigue of uncovering somewhere new during Fred. Olsen’s maiden visit to Setúbal, with its charming pedestrianised Old Town, imposing hilltop fortress and sumptuous seafood. Finally, a call at the port of Leixoes presents you with an opportunity to conclude your city exploration at nearby Oporto. The UNESCO-listed second city is renowned for its historic centre – the Ribeira District – and its world-famous port wines.
- Comfortable, stylish cabins and suites equipped with a Smart TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and individually controlled air conditioning
- A tempting choice of cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets, late-night snacks and much more
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee available 24hrs at selected venues, complimentary afternoon tea* with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
- Full use of on-board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A wide choice of engaging on board activities and lectures throughout the day
- All UK port taxes (where collectable in advance)
- Luggage porterage between your cabin and the drop-off/pick-up point
- Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet
Itinerary of Ports of Call
Date Arrive Depart Destination
Wed 23 Jun Late PM Southampton, United Kingdom
Sat 26 Jun Early AM Lisbon, Portugal
Sun 27 Jun Late PM Lisbon, Portugal
Mon 28 Jun Early AM Late PM Portimao, Portugal
Tue 29 Jun Early AM Late PM Setubal, Portugal
Wed 30 Jun Early AM Late PM Lexixoes (for Oporto), Portugal
Sat 03 Jul Early AM Southampton, United Kingdom
*Price based on a Twin Occupancy of a Grade I, interior twin room. Other cabins are available with a supplement. Return Roberts transfer to and from Newcastle Port included in the price.
- (00:00) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
- (00:00) Leicester St Margaret's Bus Station
- Stand SA
- New Road
- (00:00) Pick Up Home Address
Braemar is the shortest of Fred. Olsen's four smaller, friendly ocean-going cruise ships, with dimensions perfect for cruising picturesque, size-restricted rivers and docking in the heart of fascinating towns and cities.
Like the rest of the fleet, Braemar assumes the welcoming feel and intimacy of a country house hotel, and a sense of timeless style and elegance flows through the ship's comfortable bars and lounges, restaurants and spacious accommodation for up to 929 guests.