The People's Engine, A3 60103 'Flying Scotsman', makes a hotly anticipated return to the East Lancashire Railway in Spring 2021.
Reserve your place in history (and bragging rights too) with a ride behind the world's most famous steam engine, 'Flying Scotsman', as she takes to the tracks through the picturesque Irwell Valley.
This was a sell out in 2019 on the Nene Valley Railway, so be sure to book early to guarantee your place.
- Roberts Silver Service
- 1-night hotel accommodation, dinner and cooked breakfast at the Mercure Atlantic Tower Hotel
- Ticket for a journey on the East Lancashire Railway behind The Flying Scotsman
- Free time in Liverpool
- Afternoon Tea on Sunday on the return journey (Sandwiches, cake and tea/coffee)
- Executive coach travel throughout
Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel****
Chapel Street, Liverpool
The hotel is a stunning hotel set on the edge of the city's commercial district, opposite the Royal Liver Building and just 10 minutes’ walk away from The Cavern Club, Albert Dock and Liverpool One.
All 225 bedrooms are en suite with tea/coffee making facilities, television and hair dryer.
Single supplement: £30 on the first 2 single rooms available.
Saturday: We board the coach this morning and head for Liverpool for some free time, before heading to the Mercure Atlantic Tower Liverpool to check into the hotel where dinner is included.
Sunday: After breakfast this morning, we head to Bury to ride behind the Flying Scotsman to Rawtenstall, on the 12.30pm train for a return journey of 1 hour 10 minutes. In the afternoon, we make a stop for Afternoon Tea. We then make the journey back to the Midlands, arriving back in Leicestershire around 6pm.
- (00:00) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
Roberts Silver Service
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure