Explore beautiful Switzerland and the Lake Geneva region; high mountains and little trains, a sparkling lake and vine-clad shores, an iconic castle and scenic railways. We soar to the heights of Glacier 3000, spend some time on Lake Geneva and journey on the Golden Pass railway, taste some wine at Chateau Chillon and enjoy lunch on a lake cruise. A visit to Lausanne includes the fabulous Olympic Museum and a visit to a unique park shows us little steam trains and Switzerland in miniature. A whole host of delights awaits!
Day 1 to France
We depart early morning and travel to Dover for the ferry crossing to Calais. From here we continue to our hotel in France.
Day 2 to Switzerland
This morning we continue our journey through France and into Switzerland, where we will arrive at our hotel in the mountain village of Villars -sur- Ollon in the afternoon. The village is situated high above the Rhone Valley in the Vaud Alps with breath-taking panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
Day 3 Switzerland in miniature!
Today we visit a lovely park on the shores of Lake Geneva where we will find a little railway that winds through miniature Switzerland on a track that is regulated by 62 little signals past intricate models of castles, churches and bridges. This is the only park of its kind where the steam and electric trains are built at a scale or 1:4 so it’s possible to ride behind on the little carriages.
Day 4 Glacier 3000 and Golden Pass Railway
This morning we set off to soar to the heights of 3000 metres by cable car. At the top a spectacular panorama of 24 snow-capped mountains can be seen if it is clear. Look out for the Eiger, Mönch, Jungfrau, Matterhorn and even Mont Blanc in the distance. There is also a chance to walk across the Peak Walk by Tissot...a suspension bridge between 2 mountain peaks – the only one in the World!
In the afternoon we descend and take the panoramic Golden Pass railway to Montreux.
Day 5 Villars-sur-Ollon
Today is free to enjoy the resort of Vilars-sur Ollon and the facilities at the hotel.
Day 6 Lake Geneva and Chateau Chillon
A visit to Lausanne and the Olympic Museum is our first stop today. The Olympic museum is a fascinating visit, where you can feel the real spirit of the games from past to present and get a taste of
what it’s like to be an Olympic athlete! Later in the morning we take a cruise along Lake Geneva with lunch included, arriving at Chateau Chillon in style! This castle, on the water’s edge, is the most visited historic building in Switzerland and we have a guided tour before tasting some Swiss wine.
Day 7 Farewell Switzerland
This morning we say farewell to Switzerland and make our way to France and our overnight hotel.
Day 8 Return journey
We continue our return journey, travelling to Calais and taking the ferry to Dover where we continue to The Travel centre. We expect to arrive back in the late evening.
Eurotel Victoria - 4 star
The Eurotel Victoria is situated in the mountain village of Villars-sur -Ollon which is on a sunny south-facing terrace in the Vaud Alps in the Lake Geneva Region.
The hotel has an indoor pool and sauna, 2 restaurants, a bar and a lift. The Modern style rooms are en-suite and have TV, safe, hairdryer, phone and free Wi-Fi.
Mercure Troyes - 4 star
Located near the centre of the town of Troyes, this hotel is in an ideal location for our overnight stay.
All air-conditioned rooms are en-suite and have hairdryer, TV and telephone
Ibis Troyes Centre – 3 star
The ibis Troyes Centre hotel is located near the historical centre of Troyes and the pedestrianised area. It is an ideal location for our overnight stay . All air conditioned rooms are en-suite and have hairdryer , TV and telephone.
Single room Supp £150
- Roberts Platinum Service
- 2 nights half board accommodation in France
- 5 nights half board accommodation in Switzerland
- A Visit Swiss Vapeur Parc – Miniature Railway Village
- A Journey by cable car to Glacier 3000
- A Journey on the Golden Pass Railway
- A Visit to the Olympic Museum in Lausanne
- A cruise on Lake Geneva including lunch
- A visit to Chateau Chillon followed by wine tasting
- Services of a Tour Manager
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our staffed, travel centre in Hugglescote on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel with experienced tour driver
- Hotel accommodation, dinner & cooked breakfast throughout
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Door to Door home pick within our designated area
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays’ staff
- Porterage at the hotel
- Welcome platinum reception at Hugglescote Travel centre
- Cakes and pastries on departure
- Welcome Platinum pack
- Services of a courier
- Selection of complimentary magazines on the coach
- Biscuits, sweets and nibbles on board the coach
- Hot drinks whilst onboard
- Happy hour on the coach, soft drinks, savoury nibbles and alcoholic drinks included