An abundance of delights awaits with spectacular views, colourful gardens, famous vineyards, lovely towns, and of course, spectacular Chateaux as we explore this beautiful Royal valley. Discover winding rivers and charming castles, taste the wines, take a horse drawn carriage ride and a gentle river cruise. Visit the world-renowned graceful ladies’ Chateau at Chenonceau and discover stories of drama and intrigue at Blois. With a chance to see the International Garden Festival and a favourite Royal residence, discover why the Loire Valley is a must-see corner of France.
Day 1 to the Loire Valley
An early morning departure from the Travel Centre and travel to Dover for the ferry crossing to Calais where we continue through France to the Loire Valley and our hotel in Tours.
Day 2 Tours & Amboise
We explore the beautiful, vibrant town of Tours, on the little road train. Discover the half-timbered houses and narrow cobbled streets, bustling squares and soaring cathedral ...and the star of the tour: the Loire river!
This afternoon we visit The Royal Chateau of Amboise, suspended between the sky and the Loire River, surely the most beautiful view in the valley. The terraces of the chateau form a balcony overlooking a stunning landscape. This is also the final resting place of Leonardo da Vinci.
Day 3 Chateau Chenonceau, River cruise and wine tasting
Today we visit the elegant Chateau Chenonceau in a unique setting on, and over, the River Cher. This once royal residence has been built, loved and managed by some remarkable ladies over the years. We take a cruise under the graceful arches of the Chateau and the chance to sample some local wine.
Day 4 Blois and International Garden festival
Today, a visit to Blois and its Chateau. Discover the secrets of the Royal Court, and favourite residence of 7 Kings and 10 Queens – a chateau of drama, intrigue and power games! Later we will enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride through the town before an afternoon at the International Gardens Festival at the Domaine de Chaumont-sur- Loire. This festival started in 1992 and each year, 30 new experimental gardens are created by landscape gardeners form the 4 corners of the globe.
Day 5 farewell to the Loire Valley
We say farewell to the Loire Valley and make our way to Calais for the ferry to Dover and onward journey to The Travel centre, to arrive in the late evening.
The Grand Hotel, Tours
This 3 star hotel stands in the centre of Tours with an Art Deco style throughout.
There is a lounge bar and breakfast restaurant. All en-suite rooms are air conditioned and have hairdryers, TV, WiFi and safe.
The generous buffet breakfast will be continental style and the evening meal will be taken in a local restaurant
Single room Supp £100
- Roberts Gold service
- Return ferry crossing from Dover to Calais
- 4 nights’ accommodation with breakfast
- 4 Evening meals in a restaurant in Tours
- Visit to Chateau Chenonceau
- Cruise on the River Cher
- Loire valley wine tasting
- Horse Drawn Carriage ride in Blois
- Visit to Chateau de Blois
- Visit to the International Garden Festival
- Visit to Chateau Amboise
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our staffed, travel centre in Hugglescote on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel with experienced tour driver
- Hotel accommodation, dinner & cooked breakfast throughout
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Door to Door home pick within our designated area
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff
- Porterage at the hotel