Alpine Lake Bled is as lovely as ever, with its picture postcard island, a medieval castle perched high on a cliff top and surrounded by delightful and majestic mountains. We have views of the surrounding spectacular scenery from the lake as we take a journey on a traditional wooden Pletna boat and beautiful views over the lake as we visit its castle high above. There are included visits to the little Slovenian capital, Ljubljana and an excursion high into the mountains. Discover why picture-perfect Lake Bled was nominated as one of the seven new wonders of the world!
Day 1 To Germany
We depart the Travel Centre early this morning and make our way to Dover for the ferry crossing to Calais and our overnight hotel in Germany.
Day 2 Germany
This morning we continue our journey through Germany, and our hotel in the town of Ulm on the River Danube.
Day 3 Austria & Lake Bled
Today’s scenic journey takes us through Austria with views of the spectacular Alps and taking time to visit the town of alpine town of Villach before reaching Lake Bled in the afternoon.
Day 4 Lake Bled
A leisurely day including a journey on the lake itself on a traditional Pletna boat. These wooden boats, operated by a standing rower, are a true delight. We also visit the castle, for spectacular views over the sparkling waters, the little picturesque island and the surrounding peaks.
Day 5 Ljubljana
We visit the little Slovenian capital of Ljubljana for a guided tour and some free time.
This green capital has a delightful charm with a lovely mix of architecture, richly painted churches, abundant greenery and riverside cafes.
Day 6 Julian Alps
Be prepared for fairy-tale scenery as we travel into the Julian alps and another shimmering delight: Lake Bohinj. With its blue-green waters, this lake competes with Bled for the title of prettiest and has a tranquil setting amongst the mountain peaks. More stunning scenery is in store as we take a cable car above the lake to Mount Vogel.
Day 7 Lake Bled
A relaxing day in your resort to enjoying your surroundings in what is considered one of the most beautiful alpine resorts in Europe.
Day 8 and Salzburg
We say farewell to Lake Bled this morning and travel to Salzburg in Austria. We have free time to explore the old town with its graceful domes and spires before making our way to Southern Germany and our hotel.
Day 9 Germany
We continue our journey through Germany today and on to our overnight hotel.
Day 10 Return Journey
This morning we make our way to Calais where we join the ferry to Dover and continue our return journey to the Travel centre, arriving in the evening
Day 1 and 9
Mercure Saarbrücken Süd
The 3-star r Mercure Hotel Saarbrücken Süd is ideally located for our en-route hotel on the German / French border .The hotel has a restaurant and bar. The en-suite rooms are air-conditioned rooms with free WIFI, hairdryer, safe and TV
Day 2 and 8
Maritim Hotel Ulm– 4star
The newly renovated Maritim stylish Hotel Ulm lies on the green banks of the Danube and close to the historic Old Town of Ulm. The hotel has a Wellness area with swimming pool, sauna, steam bath and fitness centre, a lift, two restaurants, a café and a bar
All en-suite rooms are elegantly furnished with a flat-screen TV, a safe, and hairdryer
- Roberts Platinum Service
- Return ferry from Dover to Calais
- 5 nights half board accommodation in Lake Bled
- 4 nights half board accommodation in Germany
- Free time at Lake Bled
- A Cruise on Lake Bled
- Visit to Bled castle
- Guided tour of Ljubljana
- Excursion to the Julian Alps
- Visit to Salzburg
- Visit to Villach
- Services of a Tour Manager
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our staffed, travel centre in Hugglescote on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel with experienced tour driver
- Hotel accommodation, dinner & cooked breakfast throughout
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Door to Door home pick within our designated area
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays’ staff
- Porterage at the hotel
- Welcome platinum reception at Hugglescote Travel centre
- Cakes and pastries on departure
- Welcome Platinum pack
- Services of a courier
- Selection of complimentary magazines on the coach
- Biscuits, sweets and nibbles on board the coach
- Hot drinks whilst onboard
- Happy hour on the coach, soft drinks, savoury nibbles and alcoholic drinks included