With a wonderful coastline, relaxing harbour cruise and nostalgic train ride, this Dorset tour is a real treat. Poole is one of the country’s most popular holiday destinations. With its bustling Quay, the best beaches in England and a stunning natural harbour, Poole is the perfect choice for a trip to the South Coast, and the Thistle Poole hotel is the ideal base from which to explore.
- Poole harbour cruise
- Journey on the Swanage Railway
- Visit to Weymouth
- Free time in Poole
Thistle Poole Hotel***
The Quay, Poole
Thistle Poole is a contemporary hotel on the quayside, with panoramic views over Poole Harbour. All 70 bedrooms are en suite with tea/coffee making facilities and a television.
Monday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning and make our way to Poole with a stop en route, aiming to arrive at the hotel late afternoon.
Tuesday: This morning we take a wonderful journey through the Purbeck countryside with an included trip on the Swanage Railway with stunning views of the ruins of Corfe Castle en route.
Wednesday: Today we takea scenic drive along Dorset’s ‘Jurassic Coast’, a natural World Heritage Site containing, where we reach the coastal resort of Weymouth, with its long sandy beach and picturesque harbour.
Thursday: This morning we visit Poole Quayside with its shops, cafes and working pottery. We enjoy the natural beauty of Poole harbour on a relaxing and refreshing cruise around the harbour and its islands.
Friday: We bid a fond farewell to the hotel staff as we head back to Hugglescote today, arriving back at the Travel Centre late afternoon.
- (08:00) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
Our Gold Holidays Include:
- Porterage at the hotel
- Door to Door home pick-up within our designated area
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff