With an abundance of award-winning attractions, Blackpool has something for everyone, and this tour gives you the opportunity to visit the resort whilst seeing some of the surrounding area.
The world-famous Illuminations need little introduction, attracting some 3m visitors every year. As well as the miles of traditional festoons and tableaux along the Promenade, there are now extraordinary 3D projection shows on the front of the Blackpool Tower building every night during Illuminations season. No wonder it’s commonly known as the greatest free light show on Earth!
- Journey on the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway
- Cruise on Lake Windermere
- Free time in Bowness
- Visit to Southport
- Afternoon Tea at the Blackpool Tower Ballroom
- Free time in Blackpool
The Imperial Hotel***
North Promenade, Blackpool
This is a grand 19th Century hotel recalling the opulence and glamour of this famous resort’s Victorian heyday, with all the comforts of modern life. Situated on North Promenade. The hotel is a Blackpool landmark and enjoys spectacular views of the beach to the sea and is close to all major attractions. All rooms are en suite with tea/coffee making facilities, television and hair dryer.
Monday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning and make our way to north with a stop en route,
Tuesday: Today we enjoy a steam train journey through the Lever Valley on the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway. This will be followed by a delightful boat cruise along Lake Windermere, from Lakeside to Bowness on Windermere. We will spend some time in Bowness before returning to our hotel.
Wednesday: We visit the nearby coastal town of Southport.
Thursday: This morning, enjoy some free time in Blackpool. Later, meet at the Tower Ballroom for Afternoon Tea, which, includes all-day admission to The Blackpool Tower Ballroom where you can enjoy live music from the Mighty Wurlitzer. Watch the dancers on the World's greatest dance floors, or even join in yourself.
Friday: We bid a fond farewell to the hotel staff this morning as we make our way back to Hugglescote.
- (10:15) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
Our Gold Holidays Include:
- Porterage at the hotel
- Door to Door home pick-up within our designated area
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff