Offered referred to as the ‘Garden of England’, Kent has so much to offer, and this tour gives you the chance to see a selection of the best attractions in the area.
- Entry to Chartwell including the house, studio and garden
- Free time in Tenterden
- Tour & Tasting at the Old Dairy Brewery
- Journey on the Kent & East Sussex Railway
- Visit to Sissinghurst Castle Garden
- Free use of the hotel’s leisure facilities
Bridgewood Manor Hotel****
Walderslade Woods, Chatham
This charming hotel in Chatham is the perfect destination to explore the scenic surroundings of the Kent countryside. All 100 bedrooms are en suite with tea/coffee making facilities, television, telephone, hairdryer, free Wi-Fi & 24-hour room service. The hotel also has leisure facilities.
Thursday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning and make our way south, with a stop en route, arriving at the hotel late afternoon.
Friday: Today we depart the hotel for a visit to Chartwell, a home and a place that truly inspired Sir Winston Churchill. The house is still much as it was when the family lived here, with pictures, books and personal mementoes. The studio is home to the largest collection of Churchill paintings. The garden reflects Churchill’s love of the landscape and nature including the lakes he created, the kitchen garden and the Marycot, a playhouse designed for his youngest Mary.
Saturday: This morning we visit the picturesque market town of Tenterden where we enjoy a guided tour and tasting at the award-winning Old Dairy Brewery. After we board the Kent & East Sussex Railway.
Sunday: Today we visit Sissinghurst Castle Garden, the backdrop for a diverse history; from the astonishing time as a prison in the 1700s, to being a home to the women’s land army.
Monday: This morning we bid a fond farewell to the hotel and make our way back to Hugglescote with a stop en route.
- (08:00) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
Our Gold Holidays Include:
- Porterage at the hotel
- Door to Door home pick-up within our designated area
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff