This wonderful tour sees us exploring the far north west and the surrounding area, said to be one of the most scenic regions of the UK. We will visit the award-winning Lowther Castle & Gardens, be both enlightened and inspired not just by the setting of Lowther in its stunning and unspoilt corner of the Lake District National Park - but also by the story of both the colourful characters who have lived here and its transformation in recent times.
- Journey on part of the Settle to Carlisle line from Carlisle to Appleby
- Guided brewery tour at Jennings Brewery with tasting
- Free time in Keswick
- Entrance to Lowther Castle & Gardens
Gilsland Hall Hotel**
Gilsland, Brampton, Cumbria
The hotel is located close to the village of Gilsland, in 140 acres of grounds, with spectacular views over the Cumbrian countryside. The hotel has 94 bedrooms, all with en suite, tea/coffee making facilities, television and hairdryer.
Monday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning and make our way to Cumbria with a stop en route. We aim to arrive at the hotel late afternoon.
Tuesday: This morning we head for Carlisle where we catch the train to Appleby, part of the Settle to Carlisle line.
Wednesday: Today we visit Jennings Brewery for a brewery tour. Your guide will bring the unique brewing story to life. After our tour, settle down in the comfort of the Old Cooperage bar to sample a choice of 3 halves of Jennings beer with locally produced chutneys and exclusive Jennings Port. We then visit the pretty market town of Keswick.
Thursday: This morning we visit Lowther Castle & Gardens. Little can prepare you for the scale and beauty of Lowther Castle which is set in a quintessential English parkland landscape.
Friday: We bid a fond farewell to the hotel staff as we head back to Hugglescote this morning, arriving back late afternoon.
- (08:00) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
Our Gold Holidays Include:
- Porterage at the hotel
- Door to Door home pick-up within our designated area
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff