Situated just off England's South coast, the Isle of Wight is littered with picturesque villages and bustling small towns, making it the perfect destination at any time of year.
In the towns you’ll find a great range of shops including local boutique stores and familiar high street brands. If you’re indulging in some serious retail therapy, stop off in one the coffee shops or cafes and refuel with some delicious coffee and homemade cake.
- Return ferry travel
- A tour of the Island on our coach
- Entry to Osborne House
- Free time in Shanklin
The Channel View Hotel***
Hope Road, Shanklin, Isle of Wight
The hotel occupies a cliff top position overlooking the beautiful Shanklin Bay. The town of Shanklin is approximately a 15-minute walk from the hotel. All bedrooms are en suite, tea/coffee making facilities, television, direct dial telephone and hairdryer.
Monday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning and make our way to the ferry port with a stop en route, aiming to arrive at the hotel late afternoon.
Tuesday: This morning we head out for a ‘round the island’ tour on our coach.
Wednesday: Today we have an excursion to Osborne House, of which Queen Victoria once said, ‘It is impossible to imagine a prettier spot’. Visit the palatial seaside retreat and get an intimate glimpse of Victoria’s royal family life, including the Swiss Cottage, where her children played at their once private beach.
Thursday: Today is your free day in Shanklin to explore as you choose.
Friday: We bid a fond farewell to the hotel staff as we head back to Hugglescote.
- (08:30) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
Our Gold Holidays Include:
- Porterage at the hotel
- Door to Door home pick-up within our designated area
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff