This delightful tour sees us visit some of the most popular destinations on the south coast. We have time in Southampton; which boasts an impressive cultural offering, from museums and art galleries, and Portsmouth, a dynamic and vibrant waterfront city. Also included is a journey on the ‘Watercress Line’, let the train take the strain as we sit back, relax and travel through the heart of the English countryside by steam train.
Monday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning.
Tuesday: This morning we head for Southampton, known as the cruise capital of Europe.
Wednesday: Today we take a journey on the Mid Hants Railway, known as The Watercress Line, one of the most successful heritage railways in the country, with some free time in Portsmouth.
Thursday: This morning we board the coach for a visit to the nearby market town of Arundel, where we have included a cream scone, followed by a visit to the seaside resort of Bognor Regis.
Friday: We bid a fond farewell to the hotel staff, arriving back at the Travel Centre late afternoon.
Langstone Quay Resort****
This beautiful, modern 4-star hotel is located on the northern shore of Hayling Island, just 8 miles from Portsmouth city centre.
All 148 bedrooms are en suite with tea/coffee making facilities. The restaurant overlooks Langstone Harbour. There is a comfortable bar & lounge as well as leisure facilities. Ground floor bedrooms are available on request.
Single Supplement: £100 on the first 4 single rooms available.
INCLUDED IN YOUR HOLIDAY
Roberts Gold Service
4 nights hotel accommodation, dinner and cooked breakfast throughout
Visit to Southampton
Excursion to Arundel
Free time in Bognor Regis & Portsmouth
Journey on the Mid Hants Railway
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our staffed, travel centre in Hugglescote on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel with experienced tour driver
- Hotel accommodation, dinner & cooked breakfast throughout
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Door to Door home pick within our designated area
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff
- Porterage at the hotel