The People's Engine, A3 60103 'Flying Scotsman', makes a hotly anticipated return to the East Lancashire Railway in Spring 2021.
Reserve your place in history (and bragging rights too) with a ride behind the world's most famous steam engine, 'Flying Scotsman', as she takes to the tracks through the picturesque Irwell Valley.
This was a sell out in 2019 on the Nene Valley Railway, so be sure to book early to guarantee your place.
- Roberts Silver Service
- 1-night hotel accommodation, dinner and cooked breakfast at the Mercure Haydock Hotel
- Ticket for a journey on the East Lancashire Railway behind The Flying Scotsman
- Free time in Liverpool
- Afternoon Tea on Sunday on the return journey (Sandwiches, cake and tea/coffee)
- Executive coach travel throughout
Mercure Haydock Hotel****
Penny Lane, Haydock
The 4-star Mercure Haydock Hotel is set in a traditional Georgian mansion-style building, built around a central courtyard. The hotel is surrounded by its own beautifully landscaped grounds, making it a great option for those looking to unwind and explore the local area.
All 180 bedrooms are en suite with tea/coffee making facilities, television, hair dryer, iron and safe. There is a Lounge and Conservatory bar offering an impressive selection of drinks. The hotel has leisure facilities including an indoor heated pool.
Single supplement: £30 on the first 2 single rooms available.
Saturday: We board the coach this morning and head for Liverpool for some free time, before heading to the Mercure Haydock Hotel to check into the hotel where dinner is included.
Sunday: After breakfast this morning, we head to Bury to ride behind the Flying Scotsman to Rawtenstall, on the 12.30pm train for a return journey of 1 hour 10 minutes. In the afternoon, we make a stop for Afternoon Tea. We then make the journey back to the Midlands, arriving back in Leicestershire around 6pm.
- (00:00) Ashby Market Street
- Outside the Lamb Inn
- (00:00) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
- (00:00) Leicester St Margaret's Bus Station
- Stand SA
- New Road
Roberts Silver Service
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure