One of the UK’s fastest steam trains, Tornado, will be running up and down the iconic North Yorkshire Moors Railway line in early March next year, reaching speeds of 100mph.
After 18 years of construction and fundraising, the £3 million Tornado was completed in August 2008.
Tornado was the subject of the BBC documentary ‘Absolutely Chuffed: The Men Who Built a Steam Engine’.
You too can now travel on return journey from Grosmont to Pickering and back, behind this 100mph locomotive, all be it at a much more sedate speed, through the stunning North York Moors National Park.
- 1 night, bed, breakfast & evening meal at the Esplanade Hotel, Scarborough
- Return journey on the Tornado from Grosmont to Pickering
- A visit to York with a chance to visit the National Railway Museum
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our staffed, travel centre in Hugglescote on the outward journeyExecutive coach travel with
- experienced tour driver
- Hotel accommodation, dinner & cooked breakfast throughout
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary