A warm Yorkshire welcome awaits you at this traditional seaside resort, said to be Britain’s first seaside destination. The resort has retained the charm and style established in its Victorian heyday and it is no wonder visitors have been holidaying here for over 360 years.
There is plenty to do in Scarborough, with a bustling harbour, wonderful promenade, and popular shopping area. We will be staying at the popular Red Lea Hotel which always rates excellent with Roberts’ customers.
- Executive coach travel throughout
- Roberts Gold Service
- 4 nights hotel accommodation, dinner and cooked breakfast throughout
- Visit to Bridlington and Flamborough Head
- Visit to Whitby
- Free time in Scarborough
- Free use of the hotel’s leisure facilities
- Hotel has leisure facilities
- Popular resort
- Visit to Whitby
New Hotel - The Red Lea Hotel
Red Lea Hotel***
Prince of Wales Terrace, Scarborough
The Red Lea is one of Scarborough’s most respected 3 Star hotels and has been thoughtfully modernised into a relaxing hotel with a professional and friendly service.
All 66 bedrooms are en suite, with tea/coffee making facilities and television. The hotel has a heated indoor swimming pool along with a well-equipped gym.
No single supplement on the first 5 single rooms available. Sea view rooms on request.
Monday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning and make our way to Scarborough with a stop en route, arriving at the hotel late afternoon.
Tuesday: Today we visit the traditional seaside resort with some of the best fish and chips around. Whitby wallows in history, including fishing, the jet industry (did you know that it’s still the best place in the world to find the gleaming black gemstone so beloved by the Victorians), and Captain Cook (who was born nearby, and whose famous ship the Endeavour was Whitby built).
Wednesday: This morning we board the coach to visit Bridlington with its pre-roman harbour and characterful Old Town. On the way back to the hotel we will stop at Flamborough Head for a coffee stop at the café.
Thursday: Today is a free day to explore Scarborough. Why not browse the shops? You will find department stores, well-known high-street names and quirky boutiques and antique stores.
Friday: We bid a fond farewell to the hotel staff this morning as we make our way back to Hugglescote, with a stop en route.
- (00:00) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
- (00:00) Leicester St Margaret's Bus Station
- Stand SA
- New Road
- (00:00) Pick Up Home Address
Our Gold Holidays Include:
- Porterage at the hotel
- Door to Door home pick-up within our designated area
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff