This wonderful tour showcases some of the most spectacular landscapes of both the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales.
Tuesday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning and make our way to Cumbria with a stop for lunch. We aim to arrive at the hotel late afternoon.
Wednesday: We depart the hotel today and head for Pooley Bridge, the pretty Lakeland village, where we will have some free time. After, we take a short walk to board the Steamer for a cruise on Ullswater, this 60 minute cruise takes us to Glennriding Pier where we meet our coach.
Thursday: This morning we travel the short distance to Hexham to visit the Roman Vindolanda, the most exciting archaeological site on Hadrian’s wall.
Friday: Today we take a spectacular train journey along the famous Settle to Carlisle Railway with its towering viaducts , bridges, long deep tunnels and lovingly kept station gardens.
Saturday: We bid a fond farewell to the hotel staff as we head back to Hugglescote this morning, arriving back late afternoon.
Included In Your Holiday
Roberts Gold Service
4 nights hotel accommodation, dinner and cooked breakfast throughout
Services of a Courier
A train journey on the Settle to Carlisle Railway
Visit to Pooley Bridge
Cruise on Ullswater Lake
Entrance to Roman Vindolanda
Gilsland Hall Hotel**
Gilsland, Brampton, Cubria
The hotel is located close to the village of Gilsland, in 140 acres of grounds, with spectacular views over the Cumbrian countryside.
The hotel has 94 bedroom, all with en suite, tea/coffee making facilities, television and hairdryer.
Single Supplement: £24 on the first 5 single rooms within our allocation
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our staffed, travel centre in Hugglescote on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel with experienced tour driver
- Hotel accommodation, dinner & cooked breakfast throughout
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Door to Door home pick within our designated area
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff
- Porterage at the hotel