Suffolk is blessed with great countryside, a wonderful coast, and exciting towns. We will be staying in the lovely market town of Sudbury, home to the Thomas Gainsborough, the famous portrait artist.
Monday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning and make our way to Sudbury with a stop en route. We aim to arrive at the hotel late afternoon.
Tuesday: Today, we visit Aldeburgh, its name comes from 'Alde Burgh' meaning "old fort". We also visit Lavenham one of the UK's most beautiful medieval villages located in the heart of Suffolk.
Wednesday: This morning we board the coach to visit Beth Chatto’s Garden. An inspirational Here we have included a cream tea. From here we continue to Flatford, home to the 18th century mill of Constable’s paintings.
Thursday: This morning we head to Waldringfield for a 2 hour cruise along the river Deben, one of the most beautiful and scenic spots on the East Coast.
Friday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning and make our way to Bournemouth with a stop en route. We aim to arrive at the hotel late afternoon.
Deben Boat Cruise
Beth Chatto’s Garden with a cream tea
Walnut Tree Lane, Sudbury
The hotel is nestled away in the Suffolk countryside and is steeped in history with plenty to offer. It stands on the banks of the River Stour with magnificent river and countryside views. The bar has views over the adjacent water meadows.
All 62 bedrooms are en suite with tea/coffee making facilities, television, telephone and hair dryer. There is no lift but ground floor rooms can be requested.
No single supplement on the first ?? single room available
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our staffed, travel centre in Hugglescote on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel with experienced tour driver
- Hotel accommodation, dinner & cooked breakfast throughout
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Door to Door home pick within our designated area
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff
- Porterage at the hotel