Based in the beautiful town of Ypres, known to the soldiers as “wipers”, our tour explores the battlefields of the surrounding area.
Day 1. We depart the travel centre this morning and head to Dover for our onward ferry to Calais. We arrive into France and continue on into Belgium, where we check in to our hotel for the next 4 nights Dinner is included this evening.
Day 2. Today we pick up our guide and begin our tour of the battlefields. Our tour includes visits to Essex Farm, Pilken Ridge, Langemark German Cemetery, Vancouver Corner, Tyne Cot Cemetery and Hill 62. We arrive back to hotel this afternoon. Dinner will not be included this evening.
Day 3. This morning we depart the hotel and meet up with our guide for our 2nd full day tour. Today we visit Vlamertinghe New Military Cemetery, Brandhoek New Cemetery, Poperinge with a visit included to Talbot House & Lyssenthoek Cemetery. We arrive back to hotel this afternoon. Dinner will not be included this evening.
Day 4. After breakfast we have included a tour of the In Flanders Field Museum in Ypres. After our tour the rest of the day is free for you to enjoy the beautiful town of Ypres. Dinner will be included this evening.
Day 5. We bid a fond farewell to Belgium and retrace our journey back to Calais for our ferry back to Dover. We arrive back to the Travel Centre early evening.
- Executive coach travel
- Services of a Courier
- 4 Nights bed and breakfast at the Novotel Ypres Centrum 3*
- Dinner at the hotel on the 1st and 4th night
- 2 x Full day guided tours to include Essex Farm, Pilken Ridge, Langemark German Cemetery, Vancouver Corner, Tyne Cot Cemetery and Hill 62. We will also visit Vlamertinghe New Military Cemetery, Brandhoek New Cemetery, Poperinge with a visit included to Talbot House & Lyssenthoek Cemetery
- Entrance to the “In Flanders Field Museum”
- Some free time to explore Ypres
Please note: Whilst there is some free time on this tour, please be mindful that our guided tour days will be full days as there is so much to see.
Novotel Ypres Centrum Hotel ***
Situated in the old town, a short walk from Menin Gate. Perfect for visiting the beautiful city centre of Ypres, a fortified city boasting a rich history. Don’t forget to take a walk on the fortress route along the city's fortifications. This is one of Belgium's best preserved fortresses.
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our staffed, travel centre in Hugglescote on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel with experienced tour driver
- Hotel accommodation, dinner & cooked breakfast throughout
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Door to Door home pick within our designated area
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff
- Porterage at the hotel