Enjoy a trio of Christmas Markets as we visit the countries of Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands on the leisurely festive break.
Day 1: We depart the Travel Centre and make our way to Dover for our short ferry crossing to Calais, before continuing to Liege in time for check in at our hotel.
Day 2: Today we travel by coach to the spa town of Aachen in Germany, where the streets and squares surrounding the cathedral are transformed into a festive paradise. The Aachen Market has a particularly friendly atmosphere, where locals and tourists enjoy the spirit of Christmas along with wafts of potato fritters, sweet gingerbread and warming Gluhwein.
Day3: After a leisurely breakfast we make our way to the charming hillside town of Valkenburg in the Netherlands, where we find a unique Christmas market in the labyrinth of caves that run beneath the town. The soft marlstone walls display mysterious carvings, inscriptions and sculptures which will be illuminated in festive light, with stalls selling unique gifts, exquisite handicrafts and culinary delights.
Day 4: Today we enjoy visiting the Christmas Village in Liege. Set in the Place St Lambert and Place du Marche, you can browse all kinds of handicrafts and souvenirs as you wander around the pretty chalets. Be sure to pause and sample the local delicacies, including delicious waffles and smooth Galler chocolate which are both unique to Liege. There’s also a range of Belgian beers to enjoy and the traditional tipple for this time of year – Peket, which is the Belgian version of gin.
Day 5: We bid a fond farewell to Belgium and make our way back to Calais for our return ferry.
- Return executive coach travel
- Return ferry crossings
- 4 nights’ half board accommodation in Liege, Belgium
- Services of a Courier
- Visit to Liège Christmas Village
- Visit to Aachen Christmas Market
- Visit to Valkenburg Christmas Market
Ramada Plaza Liege City Centre 4*
An historic hotel with a contemporary feel located in the heart of the city, on the banks of the river La Meuse, 15 minutes’ walk from Liège-Guillemin’s train station and shopping district. The hotel is located in a former steel mill that was restored to a beautiful building with modern comfort, ideal for a relaxing city trip. The restaurant is located in the former 'Récollectines' convent of the 17th century which makes it the perfect setting to enjoy a nice meal. All rooms are en-suite and have a bath, shower and hairdryer. They have a flat screen TV, Free Wi-Fi, air conditioning and tea/coffee making facilities.
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our staffed, travel centre in Hugglescote on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel with experienced tour driver
- Hotel accommodation, dinner & cooked breakfast throughout
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Door to Door home pick within our designated area
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays’ staff
- Porterage at the hotel