Monet’s Garden, Chartres & Versailles
Discover the opulence and splendour in the most famous Royal Palace in France, enjoy the calm and colours in the gardens of Claude Monet, and visit the stunning Cathedral in the medieval town of Chartres on a tour of contrasts.
Step on to the bridge overlooking the lovely Water Lilly Gardens, designed by Monet himself, be amazed at the magnificent Hall of Mirrors, created by the flamboyant King Louis XIV, and step back in time to explore the delightful gardens at the Chateau of Rambouillet.
Day 1. We set off early this morning and make our way to Dover for our short crossing to Calais. On arrival into France we head for our home for the 4 nights, the Novotel Saclay.
Day 2. Today we have a full day visit to the amazing Palace of Versailles, here you will be able to explore the state rooms at your own pace. Our ticket also allows us to spend the day onsite with access to all areas of the Estate.
Day 3. After breakfast we visit the beautiful city of Chartres. Explore the half-timbered medieval streets and marvel at the iconic cathedral with its magnificent 12th century stained glass windows. As we make our way back to the hotel, we will have some free time at the Chateau Rambouillet. This impressive chateau is no longer open to public, but we are able to explore the Gardens, Queens Dairy and Thatched Shell Cottage.
Day 4. For our tour today, we travel to the small village of Giverny, home to Claude Monet for over 40 years. The gardens here are amongst the finest in France and the inspirations to many of his works, with beautiful plants and the lily pond with its famous green Japanese bridge and weeping willows. We head back to the hotel in time for dinner this evening.
Day 5. We depart the hotel after breakfast and retrace our steps back to Calais for our journey home.
- Return executive coach travel
- Return ferry crossings
- 4 nights’ half board accommodation at the Novotel Saclay
- Services of a Courier
- A visit to the Palace of Versailles
- A visit to the beautiful city of Chartres
- A visit to the Chateau Rambouillet
- A visit to Monet’s Garden
- Welcome tea/coffee on arrival
- Free use of leisure facilities.
Novotel Saclay 4*
The Novotel Paris Saclay hotel is located just 11.2 miles (18 km) from Paris, in the heart of the Greater Paris scientific and university centre. The hotel offers light, modern rooms for couples and families. Outdoor pool, mini golf course, tennis and indoor and outdoor games. After a day of work or a visit to the Château de Versailles, take a moment to relax on the terrace at Novotel. The spacious and contemporary Novotel room is a true living space, perfect for all your needs. The Novotel Saclay offers 140 rooms, some overlooking the park. Enjoy our bright rooms in a calm environment in the heart of the traditional village of Saclay. Make the most of our free WIFI and tea and coffee making facilities.
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our staffed, travel centre in Hugglescote on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel with experienced tour driver
- Hotel accommodation, dinner & cooked breakfast throughout
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Door to Door home pick within our designated area
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays’ staff
- Porterage at the hotel