Stay in a beautiful Chateau in France.
Day 1 - Your holiday begins when you board our coach for the journey to Dover. We then take the ferry to Calais and travel to Saint-Omer. This pretty town has an attractive centre, with an array of 17th-century buildings in the Flemish style that is so typical of this region. There’s also a gothic cathedral and opposite this are large public gardens with an interesting range of plants. After some free time we continue to our hotel.
Day 2 - This morning we visit the popular resort of Le Touquet. The main beach offers miles of white sand for you to stroll along; there’s also North Beach, where the estuary meets the sea. A walk around the town is just as pleasant, with impressive architecture, stylish boutiques and open gardens which create a general feeling of wellbeing. There’s also an excellent choice of seafood restaurants and pavement cafés where you can purchase lunch. In the afternoon we head to the town of Montreuil. Known as the Carcassonne of the north after the famous walled city in the south of France, it’s a delightful place to explore with beautiful old houses, churches, cobbled streets and fountains.
Day 3 - Enjoy a day in Arras. The highlight of this beautiful city is its historic centre, which was carefully restored to an almost exact design following the damage caused during the First World War. The larger square is the Grand Place and the smaller is Place des Hero’s, both of which are surrounded by a beautiful ensemble of buildings. The town hall and its belfry are particularly noteworthy. There are also plenty of shops and cafés dotted around, and for a unique perspective of Arras, head to the network of underground tunnels called Les Boves. These were used by some 24,000 allied troops during the First World War and helped stage surprise attack which led towards eventual victory. Later in the day we return to our hotel for our final evening.
Day 4 - We check out of our hotel and travel to Boulogne-Sur-Mer, the largest fishing port in France, which sits prominently on the Opal Coast and is protected by medieval ramparts. Access is via four gates set around the lower streets, and inside there is plenty to see including the cathedral and castle. After some free time we set off on the return journey, arriving back to Hugglescote in the early evening.
- Return executive coach travel
- Return ferry crossings
- Overnight hotel on both outward and return journeys
- 3 nights’ stay on Half Board basis at the Hotel Chateau Tilques
- Services of a Courier
- Visits to Saint Omer, Le Touquet, Montreuil and Arras
- Visit to Boulogne-Sur-Mer on the Opal Coast
Chateau Tilques 4*
Located near to Saint Omer, the 4 star Chateau Tilques Hotel is a 17th Century former manor house. The majestic building dominates a private four hectare tree-lined park.
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our staffed, travel centre in Hugglescote on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel with experienced tour driver
- Hotel accommodation, dinner & cooked breakfast throughout
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Door to Door home pick within our designated area
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays’ staff
- Porterage at the hotel